- This event has passed.
Family Relations – Dr. Linda Ennis
November 27, 2019 - November 29, 2019
Description of Course:
This FDRIO/OAFM-approved course will provide theory and practical application related to families going through the divorce process and mediation. It will examine how attachment models carry over from marriage into separation, and will familiarize students with the parenting styles used that may impact upon children. It will also offer practical strategies how to manage conflict during mediation in “the best interests of the child”. The course combines lecture, individual and group exercises, as well as case studies, which will provide interactive activities in which the participants demonstrate their understanding of the applicable family relations literature in family mediation.The course will take into account a substantive knowledge base, core training and activities.
- to increase awareness as to how pre-existing problems and early childhood experiences play out in family mediation & parenting
- to examine how attachment models impact upon children when triggered by separation and loss
- to expand upon the part that attachment and separation play in marriage and separation
- To enhance knowledge of child development and mental health related issues as they present in mediation
- to introduce new theory (Ennis, 2014; 2017), as it relates to separation/attachment and mediating family issues.