Review and Approval Process for Courses
- Complete the Application for Course Approval form including the Trainer’s Check List, and upload all required documents.
- The fee for approving a new course is $150.
- No fees payable for trainers whose courses are certified by another FDR organization pending further notice.
- Approved courses to be reviewed every three years at which time a renewal fee will be payable for each approved course.
- No fees payable annually for website listing.
The application and supporting materials will be submitted to the Training Committee.
The Training Committee will communicate the results of the assessment within 60 days of receipt, provided that all necessary documents required to complete the review are submitted. In the event that there are questions for clarification or where the submission is considered incomplete, the trainer candidate will be notified within 60 days of the Training Committee’s receipt of the request for assessment.
In the event that the submission is not accepted, the candidate may request that the Training Committee appoint a single Referee who will conduct a review, consider any written submission (which will not include additional course materials or other requirements outlined in either the Requirements for Approval or Trainers’ Checklist) on the part of the candidate, together with the comments of the assessors and make a final decision that is not subject to appeal, either to the Training Committee or to the Board of Directors of FDRIO.
The Referee may, in his or her own discretion, provide reasons. A candidate requesting a Referee’s review will submit, with the letter requesting the review, a cheque in the amount of $50 plus HST, which is refundable in the event that the Referee reverses the Assessors’ decision.
The Referee’s review shall be completed within 60 days of receipt of the letter requesting a Referee’s review and notice of his or her decision will be provided to both of the Assessors and the trainer candidate promptly thereafter.
Please direct any questions you may have to the Family Dispute Resolution Institute of Ontario, 2000-393 University Avenue, Toronto, ON M5G 1E6 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org