What is FDR Week?
The third week in November, each year, is FDRIO’s FDRweek. This is an Ontario-wide week of public and professional events to celebrate and promote all forms of family dispute resolution.
FDRIO supports its members, partner organizations and the public in hosting public information events, workshops, webinars, conferences and campaigns that focus on:
- access to family law justice
- promoting the appropriate use of family mediation, arbitration and parenting coordination
- advocacy for high quality standards in the field of family dispute resolution
- best practices in screening for family violence and power imbalances in family dispute resolution
- engaging the public in learning about family dispute resolution
- awareness of resources for the public and for professionals
- …and more!
FDRIO members are encouraged to use this opportunity to let us help you put on an FDRweek event, either for the public or for professionals.
Note and disclaimer: FDRIO reserves the right to decline to support any particular event or to control admission to events. Organizers of and speakers at events must comply with Ontario law including Human Rights and Accessibility laws. Speakers may provide legal information but will not provide legal advice, and nothing said at any FDRweek event should be construed as constituting legal advice.