To become members of the Parenting Coordination Section, Parenting Coordinators must satisfy the following requirements:
- They must be a member in good standing of the Family Dispute Resolution Institute of Ontario, “FDRIO”;
- They must have completed or be in the process of completing, any of the following: a 40-hour training in family mediation, 40-hour or 5 days training in family arbitration, basic and advanced parenting coordination training and a 21 hour or 3 days training in screening for power imbalances and family violence;
- They must maintain professional liability insurance with a minimum of $1,000,000 coverage per occurrence and $2,000,000 coverage in the aggregate;
- They must commit to observe the Standards of Practice of FDRIO and the Parenting Coordination Section; and
- They must commit to attend a minimum of 15 hours of annual continuing FDR education as required for all FDRIO professional designations.